View Single Post
      02-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #46
e90-ZeRo
Prone to sudden bursts of acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3-Series

I'm in a bit of a bind.

I bought a replacement battery back in late December for my car as it wouldn't start by turning over. Iswung by my local Walmart and bought the Everstart Maxx-H8 which was a near, if not 1:1 size match for my stock factory battery (S: 61216946334). I only now can register the battery myself as I got a coding cable, but what I didn't realize was that I needed to enter battery specifications as this new batter is larger for CCA@ 760 vs 720 so that battery registration would be precise.

I'm at a loss now what to do. I've called Johnson Battery Control Group via the customer support number on the battery, but the lady who I spoke with explained that the only advertised specification was the 760CCA rating. WALMART, as it turns out is for whatever reason withholding the additional specifications.

I don't know if that because its such a cheap battery, they cannot be reliably produced with whatever specification is baseline, enough to not be a liability or something like that, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Though that still leaves me unsure of how to proceed. Aside from buying batteties that have stats listed in the future.

I know nothing of batteries, but I guess I could infer that the Everstart Maxx-H8:

Non-AGM (wet type)
CCA: 760
A: Likely also 760
RC:?
AH:?
12V

Dunno how to proceed, really.
Appreciate 0