View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #49
xTiny
Rep
Drives: Nimbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
Quality vinyl is ~$5 -700 for enough to do a regular car which is 5 ft. x 50 ft or 60 ft. That's for most major brands like 3M, Avery, Hexis, etc. Even chinese vinyl can be $3-400 once you've factored in freight and it's more for higher end colors. I once paid $550 for a roll of matte metallic chrome from China. Was going to change colors and never got around to it. The only vinyl that's $200 is maybe matte white or black from China, at least those are the only colors I've seen at that price.

FWIW, no one will do the work for $20 an hour unless you're great friends with them. At least no one with the skill set to do the job correctly will do it for $20 an hour. I've seen $1K wrapping jobs, it's not good. Or even on the forums, there was that guy with the E93 who got his black car wrapped white and then he posted pics of the atrocious work. It looked like a 3 year old did it and I think he paid $1600? The guy's excuse was what do you expect for the price?

Dip is cheaper and easier to apply, but it's also one of those things that looks way better in pictures on the internet than it does in real life. With a proper vinyl wrap, it's hard to tell it's not paint. With dip, you can pretty much always tell it's dipped even when it's done professionally. Weird finish and texture that give it away and lots of times the color isn't even.
How does my car look =)
Appreciate 0