View Single Post
      11-13-2009, 03:38 AM   #140
marconi118
Major
Rep
Drives: 06/07 e93 335i

Tony
How did you get a set of new 8mm wastegates? normally it is all part of a new turbo by BMW?!

Again on the boost correction with IAT, BMW does this to maintain torque constant at different IATs, to make the driver feel the car consistent all over winter and summer. ECU dims boost at low IAT and raise it at higher IATs.
I think the best would be to disable this feature and let the turbos spool at the maximum boost they can safely perform independent of IAT.

This would allow people living in cold countries like us to have the same high boost in winter as in summer. Not only useful for methanol, but for bigger FMIC in winter minus temperature...

I am NOT talking to disable the ecu boost IAT decacy security that decreases boost at extremely high temperatures, this is another mechanism that should stay in place to protect engine and turbos.

Tony, even if you don't want to use this on your car, yes please ask DMS if they can do it, and ask if they can disable SES catalysator control for cat less DPs

I am really planning to go to DMS flash if they can do all this
Appreciate 0