atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
Need new rotors and pads soon, but wanting to upgrade them to 4 piston all 4 corners for possibly tracking it (class i'm targeting is only 4 piston). Not sure what to do if I should just do rotors and pads or put the cost towards the upgrade now.
You may have already looked at brake upgrade options but it's something I definitely want to do eventually, so I've done a little research myself. justpete here is very familiar with our brakes as he tracks his car, and I believe Biginboca is working on his right now. I'm sure there are others.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that there are some cost-effective solutions that go a long way, as I'm sure you agree that our cars in stock form have very lack-luster performance in the braking category (IMO that's where my car was weakest from the factory, performance wise... typical E9x I suppose because M3 brakes are a tad weak in stock form too IMO, at least for tracking).

Look into 335i calipers, as well as the newer platform brakes (F30 or whatever it is). Also 135i calipers (same as BMW Performance calipers) are great, I believe, with a little tinkering. Apparently the caliper bushings/sleeves/something like that need upgrading to be track ready. There are some extra mods we have to do on 328i's to get everything working properly, especially in the rear, but it can be done.

A lot of people go wayyy overboard IMO with brakes when it comes to BBKs. If it's for bling, that's one thing, but otherwise, you can probably do a lot for not a lot of coin if you DIY a bit and do some research.
Appreciate 2
Biginboca3763.50
mrnuke21.00