01-13-2014, 04:16 AM   #127
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwarg View Post
I think it was slip because it was when upshifting and I could hear the revs. I think it is better now. How do you define:
**B)The car starts but then when you drive off, the shifting of gears are all screwy and changing incorrectly. I think it is changing correctly in D mode except there was some adaptation in the beginning.

How do you reset TCU adaptations via INPA and how is it different from pressing the gas pedal trick? Is it worth doing so now that I've driven it around for about 100 miles? I think that the adaptation is for wear over time and so resetting the TCU adaptions on a worn transmission may not be good. cn555ic, do you recommend doing this?

Are there different versions of the Alpina B3 TCU flash depending on the daten files?

Update: the shifts in manual mode are faster now then when I first flashed... the transmission seems to be adapting or the JB4 map 5 is adapting to the new flash.

I have been wondering the same thing that if the daten versions have different versions of the flash.

I used daten 50.2.

Also is it normal for the alpina flash to be slightly rough and harsh when shifting 1-2, and 2-3 @ wide open throttle while building boost around 4k? I can feel the clutch disengage and re-engaged fast and it feels like double clutching in a manual or if someone mashed the clutch pedal switched gears and dumped the clutch fast while revving.

Because when I shift I can feel the bam disengaged and then a slight second while its engaging into the next gear. It feels like it might be a slight slip or a slight delay because of how sporty it feels harsh.

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0