View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
Mr.MSport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 330D

CIC retrofit coding questions

I know this is an old one, but I've done loads of research on this before posting as information is ambiguous and dependant very much on personal circumstance... I am new to coding with NCS expert but I am computer literate and am pretty comfotable with coding.

I have retrofitted a DAB version of CIC to replace my CCC unit in my pre-lci '06 e91 including screen and controller.

I have used NCS to code the CIC to my car (changed manufacture date to #0909 and coded to car) but obviously the Nav is greyed out - I have only seen 1 way of getting nav to work which is by using CIC Patcher v2 method.

I have some questions regarding this.

- I would need to change the VIN on the CIC using Tool32 before the patcher will work as if the VIN doesn't match the CIC?

- The method recommends upgrading to the latest software version for CIC. I checked my version via NCS and it is on C08 - an old version. What are my options for this? Is it worth updating CIC software (I dont have combox and don't intend on getting one) how would I benefit from updating before using this method or is it a pointless expense? I think I read it gives 3D maps and other stuff.

- I have read that the only way to update the CIC is via Ethernet ENET so as I don't have that an Ethernet to ODB2 cable like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DWPQZ...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I would also need some kind of drip power to keep the battery at 14v so the CIC doesn't brick. Any recommendations?

- Before coding there was HVAC control on the CIC which is now missing and only has a timer on it - How would I code this back in?
- Before coding DAB was an option in radio mode (it has a DAB integrated tuner). This is gone, so I was going to change radio_DAB to aktiv. Is this enough? there are other entries...

DAB_laendervarianten currently set as nicht aktiv
DAB_DABfollowing currently aktiv
following_DAB_FM currently aktiv
radio_DAB_varienten set to single-tuner-single-hw
DAB_band set to BEIDE

Thanks.
Appreciate 0