06-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #7
lemans_e91
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW E91, 2007 BMW E86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
These cars are set with not much negative camber at the front, which makes them understeer when pushed (along with a few other things). By increasing the negative camber, you increase front grip for free! You should find that it actually evens the front tyre wear a little - they normally chew the outside edge of the tyre up. Also have a trustworthy alignment shop set the geo all round. Factory specs at the rear are decent; but get as much negative camber at the front as you can, and set the front toe to zero. Michelin rubber has awesome wear life compared with its competitors - another reason for choosing them!
Thanks, I'll keep that all in mind! At the moment I'm planning on running the runflats for a while, until I can afford to replace them with new wheels and tyres, but I'll have a chat to my wheel alignment guy about sorting out the geo.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe | Stratus Grey | 19in Veemann V-FS33 | BC Racing coilovers | Oregon Black leather
Appreciate 0