View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325d LCI

LCI 325d (N57) EGR

Hi I posted a thread a while ago about some annoying symptoms my car was showing.

Well the engine light came on recently. I had it read and cleared and it returned again, the same code, it has mentioned the EGR (I don't remember the actual code sadly)

Anyway the car seems worse when cold. When first started after a long time standing (over night etc) the revs will jump and it sometimes judders and doesn't respond for a few seconds when the accelerator is pressed. Also when the engine is cruising in a high gear and I lightly press the accelerator it will stutter before picking up speed.

My thinking is that the EGR is blocked and sticking and that is what is causing the symptoms (not sure why it's worse when cold however) but I am wondering if anyone has experienced this?

I am planning on getting the EGR stripped and cleaned, or is it a better option to map it out? I have read that the EGR can't be blanked on these without mapping it out as it causes the engine light to pop back up and it effects the DPF regen? If anyone has any input on this of what is the best option to go and if the symptoms sound like a sticking blocked EGR it'd be good to hear!

Thanks.
Appreciate 0