JasonM335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM335i View Post
You know what, I'm not too sure. I should probably know that. I have read about people having this happen shortly after having the OFHG done. I'll find out if it was done and update you.
Ok sounds good. Flooring it would not be an issue unless the engine is not up to normal operating temp. See you never floored it and i do often and yet you had an issue. Thats not a reason for this problem. Just FYI. Also you dont want to floor it when the engine is brand new.

The issue with engines and what they dont like is low speed/RPM and high load/boost. Try to avoid those. Flooring it is ok as long as you do it after 3k.
Yeah, I know flooring it is fine, I was just being careful because it's new (to me), being irrationally careful I guess haha. Always let the car warm up after a cold start.

Wasn't aware of the second part regarding flooring it at low rpm's, definitely good to know, I appreciate that info. As far as flooring it with a brand new motor, I know you have to take it easy and break the motor in, but what is the threshold? 5,000 miles?

Appreciate the input.
Appreciate 0