02-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #49
jmonier
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewjock View Post
jmonier:

thanks for the update. i'm the last of the lot who doesn't carry an iPod, but use iTunes and have them on my memory stick (USB). Since I plan on keeping this car for 5 years (and it's fully optioned), it might be best to pass on my delivery (expected late March) and order one with the new USB (6FL) adapter. I better not trust my sales rep, he told me that this new unit can be dealer installed.
If you use iTunes via a memory stick there could be a problem. I'm not positive about this, but I believe that the memory stick has to used with a computer that has been registered with Apple. If this is the case, I think that there would be no way to register the BMW computer with Apple and you couldn't play the encrypted iTunes material from the memory stick. As i said, I might be wrong, but it's certainly something to be considered.

As far as the new unit being dealer installed, JSpira has stated that it cannot be. He has access to a certain amount of inside information and is usually proven to be right when he makes a statement of this sort. Certainly he's a more reliable source of information than a CA usually is.
Appreciate 0