View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #54
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
I couldn't agree more, but our level of awareness isn't really up to us, IMO. My brain is always on rapid-fire. If I'm not actively engaged and challenged by something, it's running all over the place and wants to understand and scrutinize every detail of life. I don't feel that this is something I can 'turn off.' In many ways I am jealous of the 'simpler individual' that is clearly different. But we are who we are, and gotta make due with it. We all have strengths and weaknesses, and have to learn how to apply them to life in order to live it to it's fullest. (Or whatever you personally believe in, spiritually. )
You remind me so much of myself 10 years ago. I was a go-getter and a demon when it came to work. I wanted to know everything little detail and why. I am typically still this way, but I have also learned to gauge my environment and act accordingly. Take my current employer as an example. I was hired to relieve my supervisor from some of his responsibilities as his plate was overflowing. Said supervisor (this is his first management position) feels threatened by me and doesn't like to divulge information as he wants to be "The Man." Rather than accept me and my position, he continues to not utilize me at all, unless it's simply something he doesn't want to deal with. Meanwhile, the plant manager has resigned and corporate has done some realigning of funds which lead to a cut in my budget for this fiscal year. I went from $16m to $110k thus resulting in many of the projects I had scoped for this year being axed. At this time, they pay me to sit in an office and find things to do to keep myself busy. They have also asked me to help fill in for positions when employees are on vacation.

Now, no one here knows what my responsibilities are, including myself. Do I allow this to bother me and drive me insane? It used to. Now I have come to realize that this job isn't so much an open door to advance myself in the company as it is only a stepping stone for me to better myself with another company in the future. This job will allow me to gain experience and polish up my resume a little. This job also serves the purpose of allowing me to work on myself in the meantime.

Rather than allowing things to get to you, recognize the situation and environment for what they are and adapt. You'll find peace this way. Finances, making money and more importantly managing money are all key, but peace of mind is so much more valuable. My advice is learn how to balance both. Don't get me wrong, I applaud your understanding of your current situation and the recognition that a change is needed; but take solace in the fact that you have this mindset and know that this will bring the change you need.
Appreciate 2