No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirka330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
In which case arguably they are not fit for purpose
This is probably a weakness of early oem nox (generation 01...02..) and I heard that in some countries (Germany...) BMW garages were exchanging them at a courtesy prices; the new oem nox generation from continental is 05 and is said to last much longer (150tkm or so). As far as I know from the other side ...VAG Group uses bosch nox sensors wich are designed to last 300tkm
Quote:
Think I'm going to get the OEM nox.

Anyone know what goes wrong with the original nox sensors? I wonder if its a simple mosfet fail or a (more likely) aged sensor in which case perhaps replacing the sensor head is possible...

Edit what is that component bottom right, looks like it could be a battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
I don't think it's a battery, if it needed to save some data for power-loss situation thats done with eproms I think.
I might put loads of silicon grease on my NOXEM when we install it It does seem like it's closed shut for good, can't even see any gap between plastic and metal.
Re original NOX sensors they just last for a given mileage, like 100k. Sensor is the problem, not electronics, sensor simply clogs up more and more, or so I read. Mine is like that. INPA shows Offset value outside of range. Also it reports over 200ppm of nox when driving, not sure if that's supposed to be so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblack View Post
From everything that has been said it seems that the most reliable options (subjective) in order are:

1- Map-out
2- NOxEM
3- OEM NOx

NOxEM seems to have some quality issues, yet some have also had great success! Map-out seems better as it has no sensors/ecu etc yet no remapper has confirm all 3 stages in any my emails!

I'll call Map-tech and see whether they'll confirm the 3 stages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirka330i View Post
Quote:
In which case arguably they are not fit for purpose
This is probably a weakness of early oem nox (generation 01...02..) and I heard that in some countries (Germany...) BMW garages were exchanging them at a courtesy prices; the new oem nox generation from continental is 05 and is said to last much longer (150tkm or so). As far as I know from the other side ...VAG Group uses bosch nox sensors wich are designed to last 300tkm

The factory sensor n53 is always continental
Appreciate 0