View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 11:51 PM   #27
850CSi
16 years and counting...
Rep
Drives: '06 325i 6MT

Thanks, that's what I figured. Gunk is doubtless from the failed DMF (probably along with some oil from my pan gasket, which had been leaking). I'll try to get some pictures once I get it out of the car. I am hoping that I don't find a leaking rear main seal when I do.

Short shifter is absolutely part of the project. I'm swapping in the BMW Performance short shifter and new bushings. Trying to figure out whether a DSSR and/or delrin bushings are a worthy upgrade as well or just a waste of money.

The jack situation actually pissed me off a bit because I didn't want to pay $250+ for something I'm hoping to use only once, and with a 2000lb capacity it's total overkill. But that was the only one I could find that would meet my height requirements. Everything else was too tall or too short. Hopefully I'll be able to sell it.

Still a long way to go. My transmission is clearly leaking, and I'm trying to figure out whether it's coming from the shifter rod or the output shaft seals (or both). But I shouldn't have any rust to worry about anymore, so hopefully steady progress in the coming days.

Last edited by 850CSi; 12-06-2020 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00