View Single Post
      12-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #10
whitson01
Rep
Drives: 04 sti

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070
I'd forget the 335, because you said your STi is an '04 and modded. Sure, I think the 335 is nicer, but I'd rather have 2 cars (the subie and acura) than one 335. Why get rid of a STi that's 2-3 yrs. old? You haven't reached the sweet spot for upgrading. Enjoy the STi for at least another 2-6 yrs. and then upgrade. my .02.
well im not going to forget about the 335i.. i normally get a new car every 2 years or so.. i dont know what it is, i just get the bug but the acura needs to go no matter what.. its a nice car but i dont need it.. the subie will need to go if i get the bmw..
the only problem about taking my sti to the next step is i would need to upgrade everything: turbo kit, fmic, injectors, fuel system upgrade, clutch, custom tune and other misc stuff that im forgeting.. cause once you do one thing you gotta do the other.. so to do it all right im looking at around $5000 +.. now i would have a daily driven 400 whp beast that as long as nothing goes wrong will last me for a long time.. but i will NEVER get my money back, i would only get a fraction of it when i decide to part everything and sell the car.. so ya i would have fun while i had it but i consider that a waste..
now if i got a car like the 335i i get a nice inline 6 twin turbo with loads of potential, a simple ecu upgrade will bring up the whp considerably, buckets of luxuary and if/when i got rid of the car i could get a lot of money back cause the bmw's really keep their re-sale value and i wouldnt be in the hole soo much due to mods..
Appreciate 0