View Single Post
      06-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Siper2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi wagon

Smile Buying a 2007 328xi wagon!

Howdy. I'm a 12-year Subaru veteran, about to sell my 2005 Legacy GT Limited. I love this car, but stumbled upon a very nice '07 328xi wagon on Craigslist, a couple of weeks ago. Stats from the ad:

Quote:
2007 BMW 328xi (AWD) Sportwagon. Excellent Condition--always garaged. 46,500 miles, Cold weather package---Heated Seats, Dual Power Seats, Large Sunroof, 6 Speed Automatic w/Steptronic, Sirius Radio, Bluetooth Wireless, MP3/CD, BMW Assist, Keyless Entry, Rear Parking Sensors, Garage Door Opener, Plus all BMW Standard Features.
The owners put 17"s on it recently, and the car will sell with the OEM 16"s with winter tires (Michelin). No Sport package, which bums me out. However, after two test drives, I still very much like it. The lack of a manual transmission is a bigger deal for me, since I've driven stick cars for 20 years. But I've always loved wagons and hatchbacks, and am excited to get back in one. Plus, this will be my first Bimmer.

The owners had the car regularly serviced at an excellent local BMW/Audi/Porsche/Mercedes-Benz dealership (www.sunmotorcars.com), and the car comes with a warranty through 2013. I checked the Bavarian Auto maintenance schedule, and it looks like transmission/transfer case/differential fluids are due at 50K, as well as a coolant flush. Simple enough!

To the pics:

Side profile is my favorite, on this car...

I'm nervous about this, but excited as well.

First post on this forum. I had a membership on the *old* Roadfly.org back in the '90s, and a current one on the new site, but had never posted here. Here's hoping I'm here a lot, but for good reasons!

=S2=

p.s. If anyone wants to see what I'm selling, here it is (130K, 5MT):