View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #15
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

They can be cleaned

My lights are bright as hell. BUT I just took them apart to convert them to LED halo rings and while they were apart I removed and cleaned haze off of the inside and outside of the magnifier lens and the silver reflector. They get a dirty haze on them that makes them dull. I could see a huge difference after cleaning. Just be very gentle with the reflectors. They are polished metal and use should clean them GENTLY with a dry microfiber cloth. What I also discovered was that one of my projector reflectors was kind of burnt and the silver on the inside had a brown spots on them. I talked to guy at a body shop and he gave me a BMW headlight from a totally different model but on the inside the actual reflector and Xenon bulb with magnifying lens was basically the same. The only difference was the part that retained the bulb was a different design but works fine because it still takes the same bulb. You can see the difference in brightness. I did also use a different "color bulb when I did the retrofit but you can still see one is lot brighter than the other. The beams are now much more defined and sharp too. That is how much cleaning the magnifier lens matters. The only problem is that it is not fun taking the lights apart.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
type-dRew641.00