View Single Post
      05-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #29
SoRnj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
The biggest difference at least for me was in the way I approach the turn. In my STI basically was slow in fast out, this was because of the under steer and the ability to use power without loosing traction on the exit of the turn... Now in my E90 335 I have to approach the turn carrying more speed so I don’t have to use a lot of power on the way out avoiding interference from the traction control
Did you have the stock suspension alignment on the STi? Because STi stock sucks. You can't get more than -1 degree camber up front and rear is fixed! And that's your understeer problem right there. Most AWD race cars run -3 or more camber up front with wider front than rear tires. Auto-x guys also tune some toe-out up front. After all AWD is similar to FWD and as said here earlier, you usually have more weight up front.

To OP, I'd recommend against changing the rear bar unless you changed your suspension and tires first and even after tuned it still doesn't feel right. You usually gain very little with the bigger rear bar on stock suspension (I don't know about 335xi but doubt bmw engineered it badly).
Because bigger sway bars make your left/right less independent so as you push more on one side, it's going to lift more on the other. In other words, too stiff of a rear bar and your car will have less rear traction.
Appreciate 0