05-05-2007, 03:46 AM   #45
4-series
The best BMW ever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheluto2 View Post
Can someone explain it to me? I have a mid-Jan 07 production car, but don't know what this refers to. Is it one of the view options when viewing the navigation screen or something?

Here it is. Let's say you enter an address and start guidance. Now if you have the entertainment screen on in the big window (left) and say the perspective map in the small window (right), and if you turned off voice commands, then you could miss your turns since the screen that tells you to turn left or right after xxx feet is not displayed. On the other hand, with guidance on, trying changing the small map to something else like current location or trip computer while the big window is still showing the entertainment screen; Now if a turns come up, the computer will momentarily replace whatever you have in the small window with the arrow display so you are aware of the upcoming turn. Also, even if you start guidance and hit the MENU button and go back to the main i-drive window, it will show you the turn when it is coming up and then go back to the home screen (i think it shows you the turn on the left big part of the screen in this case)...

So the issue is only when you have the map on the right and something else on the left that you might miss your exit since the arrow does not show up automatically.

hope this helps.