View Single Post
      05-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #55
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV View Post
Oh I see. The gold wheels will bring a lot of attention though, which is probably the only bad thing about them.

Also, is it an easy process to take out your fog lights? Do you just unscrew them?
Yeah, it's an attention grabber for sure!!

It was pretty easy to take out the fogs. They twist out if you want to take the bulbs out, then there is a plug that you just unplug. Put a resistor in there at the same resistance that the bulbs are, and you won't have to worry about throwing a code.

The actual foglight housing is what you're looking to remove, it's a pain in the ass. Gotta loosen the fender well enough so you can get your hands in there, as it has to be removed from behind with a ratchet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Rivets? Do you have a link to what you used? I was going to use self-tapping screws, but looking to see what other options I have...
This is what I used. You will also need the actual rivets that fit the tool. They come in different sizes, but very easy to find.

You'll have to drill pilot holes, then have enough room to use the hand riveter. Afterwards, shave down the "bolt" when the rivet is fastened. It's sometimes tough to do, especially with lips because of the room that you have underneath.

I strongly suggest just cleaning the lip and bumper mating surfaces very well, using double sided tape and stick it on so it's a really snug fit, then go behind that and start drilling your holes for the rivets since they will already be in place. Just make sure you don't drill the holes too big. I'm sure there are videos online to show you how to use the hand riveter as well. Good luck!!
Appreciate 1