03-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #350
Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14.4volts View Post
So... I already know that I can delete everything and code ready status and pass our little OBDII testing in my state, reading through the whole thread I’ve notices things going back and forth then stuff being retracted based on new discovery and information.
I’d like to do water/meth using the DPF tanks, I want to delete everything and I’d like to get this thing as close to my X5M as possible for power without sacrificing life span and dependability.
So, my question to the group is what would you do?
Down pipe, ceramic coatings, exhuast, down stream cats or no?
A short comprehensive list of parts to change, not change and what who you’d recommend for things like down pipe, EGR, tune etc and anything helpful would be really appreciated.
Far as work, method or anything like that I can do the leg work.
But so and so’s down pipe, keep this sensor dont keep this one is helpful. I’ve seen things change since the start of this post like waste gates etc.
Sorry, I am usually super quick to pick this all up but modding bmw diesels is brand new to me and I am not sure I’ve really picked everything up appropriately.
So greatful for this thread!! Thanks!!
Hello 14.4volts and welcome to this forum!
Looks like you read the whole thread which has gotten kind of long now...
Consensus on the waste gate porting is that it isn't needed anymore. For tuning there are several options and you'll need to do some research to find which one will fit your wants. With my 335d, I'm on the JR 2.8 tune which is I believe the least smokiest out there while delivering very good power and torque. If you don't care about smoke there may be more power to be had. On my X5d I'm on the Stage 2 with only EGR delete but a friend of mine went with the full delete from ATM.
I'd definitely recommend going with a catted downpipe as without it the smell is pretty bad on a traffic light.Ceramic Coating should enhance keeping the DOC warm and working.
Be aware though, this thread describes the 335d - deleting the X5 35d is quite a bit more work and more difficult. But with your experience that should be no problem.
Appreciate 0