View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 03:35 AM   #6
-Keith-
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw330 View Post
Bmw suggested to me it only needed changing if becoming noisy, mine at 249k was pretty much silent, our e91 is a little noisier I think.

I try not to read too much into internet problems (or otherwise you’ll not buy anything).
Wow, 249k! That's another great vote of confidence. I guess regular servicing, knowing and listening to your engine, are all you need to manage and the N43 can last for a really long time.

As it happens, and in part thanks to this thread, I have just closed a deal on a 100k mile N43 320i E91 Sport in Space Grey with fully documented history, silent engine, and running sweet . I partly choose the petrol 4-pot due to the whole ULEZ/LEZ zone plans, and stricter MOT standards incoming, I think this may effect (older) diesels the worst, possibly even hit their residuals too.

I have a contact at BMW who kindly rattled off all previous warranty work for me to see, and it did have a multiple coil pack and Nox sensors issues between 20-40k, but has been good as gold ever since. So I guess there were some early teething issues, but the fact the car has been running sweet since, suggests it could be fairly trouble free, aside from routine and age-related maintenance.

The car has nice options too: MV3s, business nav, electric seats, heated leather, xenons, integrated window blinds etc. Needs few minor things sorting, which I'm happy to do (I like a few bits to crack on with in truth), but I got a really great price, so very happy.

Looking forward to it earning my respect as the perfect (?) economical, handsome and practical daily (even if it is a bit gutless ).

E92 M3 DCT 1 of 25 Santorini Blue Competition Pack
Appreciate 0