Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
I just heard from JD @ Crown wrt covers...

It seems that the beige covers turned up complete with sockets and plugs, as Calvino had received, while the gray and black ones did not (i.e. just the cover, plugs and sockets an optional $46 value option?). Its a suspected production run discrepancy (i.e. possibly Calvino and other beige interior owners lucked out ). Part numbers and prices remain correct.

Now JD has been on the horn with BMW Technical and BMW AG and they insisted (as well) that the gray and black ones should come complete with sockets and plugs

To cut a long story short, JD is in the midst of sorting this issue out to ensure that the ordered parts (by us) will come with the appropriate 12V sockets and plugs (just as Calvino had received) so that we don't have to pay extra (we can't have Calvino have all the fun now, can we? )

Again, much credit to JD and the Crown team for looking out for us and our wallets

Thanks for the update and communication.

Any updates on this matter? Has anyone received the Black Cover with the sockets included? I have the cover ordered from a local dealer and it is due in soon - just want to make sure on the socket issue before I pay. It does seem strange that the cover would come with the sockets since on the parts list the cover costs less than just ONE socket.

Thanks.