View Single Post
      07-05-2023, 11:15 AM   #13
DanMZe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D SE

OK, I am resurrecting my thread as I need some advice as to what to do next.

My DPF is still overly regenerating, I've just been 'managing' it for the past year. However, almost exactly a year later I'm back with the '0047B2 motor oil, oil viscosity critical' error so I will need to change the oil again after one full year and about 12k of mileage.

I've been watching the live data from Carly almost daily. It regularly gets up to 40 odd grammes of ash and then I see the regen action of '6' and it gets it down to single numbers. It's given the odd error of 'too many regens' however the regeneration distance since travelled is 358891552 meters which is pretty much the mileage of the car i.e. Carly is saying it has never done a full regen which is a lie!

I did take it to the BMW indie earlier this year who didn't seem that interested in troubleshooting this ongoing problem. They had checked for vacuum leaks (none allegedly) and the only suggestion was sending the DPF away to be cleaned or a new DPF.

As it is nearing 230k and now my job has changed, it will probably only be doing about 6 k mileage a year, I could keep it going 'as is'. I would expect I'd get nearer 2 years before having to forcefully change the oil (myself) because of the viscocity.

However, I'm wondering if there's more I can do easily, short of replacing the DPF. I'm thinking of the sensors, for example, to see if that does anything.

Any advice please?

Thanks

Dan
Appreciate 0