Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcyrusm View Post
[Short Story]
I dyno'd conservatively at 460tq and my DCT trans is handling the power like a beast. Clutches grab strong, no slipping.

[Long Story]
Hi guys. I kept hearing rumors about DCT's and their lack of ability to hold large amounts of torque, causing slip and the like. Well, I just wanted to share an experience from the other side. I can only really find one instance of DCT slippage from "having too much torque" l, but I was still nervous non-the-less as I piled on the mods, testing out my 7spd DCT.

Just as a background and to familiarize everyone with my setup: I have a 2012 335is with the DCT transmission. I'm running BMS DCI, AR catless DP's, ETS FMIC, and a Cobb protune done by Jake@ProTuningFreaks. In my tank lies 6 gallons of e85 with 10 gallons of 93 octane.

This is a new map I'm running, and it still in the process of being smoothed out, but I took the opportunity at ///Mpact East 2012 to have my car dyno'd on the very conservative Dyno Dynamics setup they had. Unfortunately, I don't have base numbers to compare with, as I went head first into mods as soon as I picked up the car, but my car read 460tq to the wheels at ///Mpact!!

Needless to say, while doing logs and just driving my car hard for the past few days, I have had no problems with my transmission holding the power, WOT through a gear, or through shifts with sport mode on as well.

I have been running 3 gallons of 85 to my 13 gallons 93 octane for a few weeks prior to this and that wasn't causing any issues either. So far, I have to say, the DCT is working like magic and I haven't seen any problems that I keep hearing people spreading because of one (maybe two) instances of dogged cars with DCT slippage.

I'll update with my dyno graph in a bit. Again, this map is still a work in progress
Hi KC! glad to hear your trans is doing well with all that torque! hopefully it will hold up!
Appreciate 0