View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #21
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

lol... Look, I understand the whole more power = more wear. All I'm saying is, people keep saying the same thing about DCT's, but where's the evidence???? It's like a game of telephone gone mad, but with everyone saying the same damn thing. I have only found evidence of clutch slip/wear on a DCT car that has been launch controlled 10+ times in a row at a track, creating extreme amounts of heat. Only two cases I could find in existence, and both transmissions were ABUSED. Why is it so hard to believe that the DCT can hold the power and last for more than a year or two max?

I don't want to defend one way or the other, or get offended when someone says XYZ. I just want to see some evidence. There are plenty of e9x M3's with superchargers and I still couldn't find DCT slippage problems. What you are telling me is that because 2 people, who admitted to ABUSING the crap out of their transmissions signifies that ALL DCT's can't handle 400+ tq and will slip or fail. Maybe a poll is in order... asking people with DCT's to come forward and get some actual numbers in order.
Appreciate 0