View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Great post man!

A few comments:

I'm sure it's obvious to most of us, but depreciation from accidents varies largely based on the size of the claim. For a minor claim (~$2000), you shouldn't expect anywhere near a 25% hit on value. But as the claim amount rises, the curve becomes increasingly steeper.

I remember we once took in an F13 M6 with an $80k+ (!!!) hit on it. The thing was fucked. I don't know how we sold it. And believe me, that was the first thing we disclosed to would-be buyers.

For cars with minor claims, prices weren't all that different. Obviously the lack of accident-free status was a turnoff to some buyers, but sales prices for these small-claim cars were not massively different from what an accident-free unit would fetch.

You also mention you wouldn't buy an E90 without xenon's and Convenience Package, but you didn't list a convenience package in the options list you gave. What is this referring to? Also, why is there no 328 in the LCI section? Wasn't sure if this was intentional

I've attached a PDF I had laying around from the 2007 MY E90. This concerns the Canadian market, so options are different, but hopefully it still adds some value to this thread.

Keep up the good work.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MY07 3 Series Sedan 03.07.pdf (542.4 KB, 997 views)
Appreciate 0