View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #131
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Ok, I'll start! with a copy of my google review. I popped it on their open parts biz on yelp, too. I'm thinking about posting screenshots of all these texts, because they're basically comedic at this point.

If this is too long, just google ZNM spool. My experience seems to line up with many of those folks.

Update 2: After me snarkily asking if matt was planning on paying me 15.99% interest for the time that he's had this free loan, he responded "I actually agreed to the interest""you perceived it as me trying to pay you off" I said "I have that one on recording, just like you do. That's just not true, and nobody that ever listens to that recordin would ever think you offered me interest." He never brought THAT point up again! It's now 1/15/20. Matt, after neglecting to follow through with everything, told me on Friday, 1/10/20 that the check was mailed on monday 1/6/20. I asked for proof twice, and of course received none. Said on Wed Jan 8 "Soon as I have a chance I'll email" This doesn't even count on thursday 1/2/2020 when he said he'll be mailing it today. Continues to push this on. On Monday, 1/12/2020 He said "call me tomorrow between 12-3. What am I, his secretary? I texted back Just send the check, there's not much else to talk about. 'mailed monday'" to remind him of another of his lies.

UPDATE: this is the second time I’ve posted this. matt and Elyse gave me a call as soon as this review was posted. Told me if I took it down they’d actually give my money back. Basically threatened me, tried to catch me in a bunch of legal nonsense, and acted like children on the phone bullying someone. Wouldn’t put it on speaker, but instead would just repeat what I said to her in the background, and then they’d laugh together and say “oh he’s pulling *insert what I said* no, hahhahaahahahha.” RIght after we hung up from that immensely unprofessional, immature, phone call, in which matt specifically said he wouldn’t hold up his end of the bargain or any of his word and agreements he’s made me in the past months, he texted me saying “ And if we can “shake hands” I’ll do whatever else I said I would do after the first one is done if it stays between us.” It’s like he doesn’t want Elyse to know that he’s still leading me on, “handling” the situation.

Matt specifically said by Christmas, but I’ve gotten even more excuses. He’s said “oh I’ll give you my PayPal log in so you can see for yourself that I can’t pay you” and promised things over and over again. THEN, yesterday while failing to still pay me, he said, “what, I owe you 8 hundred and change? Let me make it an even thousand, and this just stays between us.” NO REAL BUSINESS WOULD NEED TO TRY TO BRIBE UNHAPPY, LONGTIME CUSTOMERS. STAY AWAY!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've been a customer for 3 years. Recently, I've realized that Matt Malave runs a super scammy business. I'm not sure if he's just super forgetful, or blatantly trying to steal everyone's money. When you order parts, they take AGES to get in. It's always "oh, confirmed on the next truck." And then somehow no one put it on the truck that confirmed time! I've stopped by for weeks on end for different parts, and every single day it's "oh on the later truck, come tomorrow," or "I called, it's definitely coming tomorrow."
Most recently,. I returned over $900 in parts that were covered under the lifetime warranty. I haven't seen that money, and it's been over 3 months since I returned the parts. I've been in contact with him nearly daily, and there's always an excuse, some account that is being closed out or stalled, and money transferring. Sent me (obviously fake) pictures of some computer system that says refund "seq 1" which definitely doesn't mean they were refunded, because they never came. Then there was an issue with that billing company, so just waiting for that account to close and for his account to get that money, then we can meet up and he'll give me cash.He bailed on that 2 times when HE came up with the time and the place. Then, he said he'd send me paypal THAT day. I have pictures of the texts. No payment that day, and he was getting mad at me the next day for asking questions. As if questions aren't warranted when he's been sitting on a grand of my money for 3 months. Now, he's told me to deal with Elyse. I brought up this situation to elyse once before, and he called me scathing that I had dared bring someone else into the situation, and we needed to keep it between us. He was SO mad that I had dared bring in anyone else.

Do your research about this shop before buying any parts. If you want lifetime warranty parts, just shop at FCP Euro. They offer a lifetime warranty, and actually hold up to it. Now I'm about to start the process of trying to figure out getting my money back with Elyse. Will update if I actually get it back, but if there's no update, assume that I've been scammed too.

Side note: my good freind had a trans replaced there, and while there's definitely a working transmission in it now, his transfercase broke. Matt had said the TC was bad, and he had to replace it. beck when my buddy got the new transmission. He stole undercovers off my friend's car, and definitely never changed the transfercase. He was just charged, and scammed on a service that absolutely was not provided.