View Single Post
      02-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #26
smotpoker
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

My question/hope is this....Does anybody know if there is improved functionality on the factory installed version? Specifically, the current version has these limitations:
1. I understand that in the current version (dealer installed), there is a limit to the number of songs that will display. I think the cutoff was somewhere around 200 songs, maybe 500.
2. Using the I-drive wheel to scroll through song/artist/etc. lists is notoriously slow and does not have the scroll acceleration feature that the ipod clickwheel has. Will the new version allow this?
3. When the ipod is in random shuffle mode, it only procedes to the next 'random' song if the current song is allowed to play to the end and the next song comes naturally. If you choose to skip to the next song, the random selection is negated and instead the next sequential song from the list will be selected.

I see these as major drawbacks because these features add tremendously to the functionality of the ipod since a lot of its mojo comes from its abilities to browse and search complete lists quickly and efficiently, and its ability to play as a random song selected jukebox (with the ability to skip at will).

Anybody know of any info on this?
Appreciate 0