United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish123 View Post
For those that have put some miles on D MODE in both stage 2 and stage 3, what are your impressions?

Subjectively is there a noticeable difference. S and M mode impressions are well documented, but I haven't seen as much feedback specific to D mode in each of these stages.
I guess D mode in both is about the same.
I do notice for my transmission that Stage 2 feels better than Stage 3 in D mode.

I found S to be to harsh in Stage 3. It did quite a bit of lurching. Didn't like it. I am now back to stage 2.

For M mode, Stage 3 transforms the car. I loved the Stage 3 manual mode, but the other modes for Stage 3 made it unusable as a daily driver for me.

I haven't bought the option that allows changing the shift points. That's on my to do list. I am looking forward for a min RPM in gear function so that the car won'd downshift and have me cruising at 1200-1500 RPM. I drove a manual for lots of years and I like creating with the RPMs higher so I don't need to downshift for every maneuver. I know gas mileage will suffer. I can live with that.
I experienced the same lurching in stage 3 until I had a transmission service done. The fluid change and adaptation reset really helped. Shifts are smooth and crisp now. In all stages.