05-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
FYI, I had called Swift about this a few weeks back and they said they will not be releasing just normal sport springs, they will be under their Spec-R branding, NOT their Sport branding.

Basically the guy told me that lowering springs are already everywhere and anyone can make lowering springs, they want to do specifically performance level springs as there currently are no performance oriented lowering springs for the 9x.

When they release their e9x lineup, they will be releasing their full Euro lineup at once, which includes mini and a few other euro brand cars.

For us XI owners this is really exciting because as of right now we don't have any performance options (KW's don't really count, progressive springs anyone?). Match these with the only available strut for XI's, Bilstein B8 sprints is going to be great. The price point is hard to beat, if previous Spec-R pricing holds true for these springs, we're looking at around 1-1.2k for a true performance oriented setup with linear springs which is really hard to beat!

[edit] Oh yeah, when I called them ~2 weeks ago they told me "40 days" until they finish dev. That should put release of these springs around end of May/1st week of June. Very soon.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get spring rate info from them as I assume they're fine tuning that aspect, we'll have to just wait and see.