03-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #25
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoncho View Post
interesting!

How about looking at eibachs catalog? There are a couple of springs that are made for more front axle weight (see attachment). Maybe the E91 335i Kit would be a perfekt fit for a E92 335 xdrive?
That is a good idea but it looks like from the specs in your chart the front springs are identical. The problem with XI is the trade off between ride height, suspension travel, and stiffness. Then front vs rear rake. Ideally you would get coil overs but in the price range you'd spend on say konis and a set of decent Eibachs, the coil overs are not very good quality IMHO. You need to spend 3x as much for example to get a TCK kit with as good a shocks (same basic koni yellows) and decent CO hardware.

Mainly I was surprised to find out some other M3 stuff would fit on our cars, and on the front this time, kind of curious to see if any of it is worth it or not. Plus a hobby of mine to some extent is messing with suspensions.

edit: looking at that chart the e91 xdrive REAR springs would probably get rid of the annoying rake on 335xi. Slightly thinner wire (.25mm) but taller by 15mm, and 3/4 more coils. I'd have to do the math to figure springs rates.

Last edited by ajsalida; 03-30-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0