Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
UPDATE:

This particular employee began her vacation last Friday. Work has been nothing short of a nightmare as the key players in the logistics team are all absent this week due to vacations, surgeries, etc. Also, we have been notified that the plant manager has decided to step down from his position and move back home. The employees that have been the backbone of this company for the past 20 years are abandoning ship at an alarming rate. At this point, I feel like Lord Helmet at the end of Space Balls. I continue to look for gainful employment elsewhere to no avail. I can't help but feel that most of you will read this in a depressing monotone dialogue narration, like sad cats diary. All hope is lost.

::Cue uplifting music:: Come Thursday, the menace of a coworker will be back in the office. She will come in to a nightmare of logistic issues that she did not train me for. To boot, the work that she worked so diligently at training me on....I didn't have to do any of it! She will come back on Thursday and have to take care of all this headache plus do her regularly scheduled duties. She honestly thought she was screwing me over by taking these days off then coming in Thursday and then taking the second half of the day Friday off, when in fact she will be beyond covered up all while I finish designing signage for our shipping yard. Ahhhhhh.....if I could only smoke a cigar and have a nice glass of whiskey whilst perusing these forums.....er......I mean diligently working.

(Side note: if you haven't seen Sad Cat Diary google that shit now.....and enjoy)
Good luck dood - wish you the best! Definitely beat her ass to the rat race and be the one that fixed her mistakes, NOT letting her be the one that fixed "your" mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Ok, my friend I read the whole thread and there are some great suggestions and I love the idea that you're starting psyops on her. Now it's time to open another front and begin the administrative battle. HR is your friend if you er on the side of the company. Risk mitigation is their task. Let's dive in here:

1. Document EVERYTHING she says to you about any coworker that's negative. EVERYTHING. Time. Place. Target. Words. This will be difficult and you'll have to make a real effort but trust me, it will pay off.

2. Document EVERYTHING she does that's a short-cut to policy and procedures. EVERYTHING. Compare this to the policies and procedures manual your company has.

3. Do you have a common area for supplies. Count her current supplies and acquisition of new supplies. Is she over the limit? Do things disappear? Document all of it.

4. What is your job description? Get it in writing from HR. Ditto for hers. Uncover the spillover and waste from you doing her work rather than yours because she's a lazy slacker. Present it to your management and HR.

5. Now for the coup de gras...when you speak to HR with all of your evidence, you need to go a little whiny millennial bitch and speak their language:

Ms. Stickuptheass, I'm sorry to bother you with this but I've been FEELING really out of sorts and unable to process everything that's been happening since I've been teamed with Jabba. I get so depressed when she speaks negatively about my fellow coworkers in all departments because I know everyone wants to do the best job that they can for the company. It's caused me such a high amount of angst. Ms. Stickuptheass I also FEEL that I'm not able to perform optimally because my job description requires the utmost concentration and I'm constantly interrupted by Jabbas emergencies which I'm certain are the result of poor planning on her part. I FEEL really strongly about this.

You get the point.

This is how you manage that idiot and get her out of your life. The language and posture is very important. The documentation is critical. Don't tip your hand. HR engagement is best served with shock and awe.

Time to play offense. Get it done.
Yes as a "milennial" I can attest - everything nowadays is based on how people "feel" rather than logic. Don't spare an expense (don't spend too much tho) on getting this bitch on her ass again; the more you "employ" your feelings (true or not, a little white lie never hurt anyone) the more she'll start to lose the game you're playing. The one by her rules.

As I said definitely pull the "MAY FEELINGZ ARE HERT!!!!!" card, in the age of #Metoo and shit it can get you far or very deep depending on which side of the equation you are.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00