View Single Post
      07-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #106
8thgenE92
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post

This is not at all how things work. To compound the notion of how things work here, I am a Project Coordinator. My job is to asses work to be completed by outside companies, instruct said companies of work to be performed, maintain project scope budgets and timelines. There is MUCH that goes into all of this. Since I have been employed here, on top of my job duties I have been asked to: hang signs on the outside of the buidling, (because our maintenance guys are afraid to use a boom or scissor lift), certify/train our maintenance guys on safe operation of boom/scissor lifts, paint forklifts (yes, an office employee coming in on weekends all last summer to physically tape-off and paint 20 forklifts by hand), hang dome mirrors in the warehouse for forklift visibility (again, maintenance crew afraid to use equipment), train production forklift operators, and general resident genius when it comes to computers as we do not have an in-house IT department.

that blows man, but for me I work for the county building in Los Angeles, and you cant get away with stuff like that unless I am in a supervisor position which I am not or a higher position. For me, HR knows it only takes one law suit or even a complaint to the mayor and someone will be fired. I deal with people who have complained to the mayor in the past and now when those people come in we all have to bend high over water to help them and make sure they are "happy." It really just depends where you work and has that place in the past been sued.

Last edited by 8thgenE92; 07-06-2018 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00