View Single Post
      10-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #36
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
You are right, my bad, I was looking at the table without my reading glasses!

Still, the e91 335 non-xdrive would not do much for the rear droop (if I am not reading the wrong row again). Might even be worse. Fronts are a tiny bit stiffer (.25mm thicker wire) and 10mm taller, rears only 3mm taller and same extra wire thickness (.25mm more than e92 335). So the front/rear droop might be greater vs e92 335i springs on an xdrive 335i. The xdrive 335 e91 springs might cure the rear droop (15mm taller in rear and stiffer) and still be a bit stiffer in front (same as e91 non xdrive front). Hard to tell net is only 5mm taller in rear than front over 335i. The car would just sit higher F & R with slightly better rear droop. This is puzzling to me because e91 I thought was a wagon version, meant to have more load in the rear.

I ran the ordinary eibach 335i prokit on my car (e92 335i xdrive) for a while with Koni yellows, the problem wasn't the fronts were too soft or too low, but the rear just sat too low. Far too low, like by 15mm.

Others have complained about this "rake" and not just xdrive cars. What I did was keep the fronts and use ZSP rear which are taller and approx same stiffness. I should probably put up a pic of my car at some point. Drop and F/R rake is perfect for my taste/needs. I'm hoping to get that same drop/rake with slightly higher ride height with slightly stiffer springs. Maybe the M3 OEM will do that, but it does look like e91 335 xdrive might also.

Where did you get these tables, I'd like to look at them more closely? I searched and couldn't find them.

edit: by the way, the M3 specs you provided seem to indicate the M3 springs will fit, as far as OD, which is good since my cheap eBay set of OEM M3 springs shipped last night What I am considering is swapping both springs and upper strut mounts + hardware off an M3, which is as far as I can tell uncharted territory. See the thread in suspension section for more details. The M3 strut mounts appear to be a superior design to non-M, and may have a shorter overall assembled length in addition to being stiffer. We'll see.

OLD post but....
Did anything ever come of your M3 Spring installation? Searched everywhere but cant find any results...
Appreciate 0