hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joester View Post
Okay so here is some more very strange information about my problem:

This morning, 9am, driving 2 hours to an offsite job, cruise control would not work on the highway, in 6th gear, at about 80mph.

I got to work, and then posted the message you see maybe 3 or 4 posts up about my cruise control not working.

This afternoon on the way home, I tried again, 6th gear, 80mph, and cruise control worked fine!

So I tried 5th gear. Cruise control won't work.

Tried 4th gear, it works.

Tried 3rd gear, it works.

Tried 2nd gear, it works.

Set cruise to 40mph in 2nd gear, shifted 2->3->4->6th gear flawlessly and maintained a 40mph cruise, even though the shifting, as it should.

Shift to 5th and I get a "BONG" form the car and an exclamation point with a cruise control icon next to it. Try to set cruise control while already in 5th gear and I just get a "---" next to a speedo icon on the dash and it doesn't work.

SO IN SUMMARY

I've observed 2 different behaviors today alone. In the morning, cruise control didn't work in 6th. I didnt think to try any other gear at this point. This afternoon, cruise control works fine in any gear except 5th gear.

I don't know how to explain any of this.

And yes I'm sure I flashed the MAF version. I flashed "MSV80_A951181_328i_to_330i.0da".

One thought that I had was maybe my 3.73 diff swap might be making it mad? I dont know if it compares speed to RPM or something to figure out what gear its in... probably not, but just a thought that I had.
Ahh, yes in fact I bet it is your diff swap that's pissing it off. Since the current gear is calculated by using RPM and VSS.

It's possible to adjust the gear ratio in the tune of course to match your cruise control.
Appreciate 0