View Single Post
      05-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #2147
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Does the cruise control even try to work in 5th gear? If coasting along at 50 MPH in fifth and you hit the stalk does it fail or will it try to hold a speed for a few seconds and then fail?

Try a few things like setting the cruise a speed above your current speed and below. Use resume.

Maybe it's an expected torque calculation within the cruise control subroutines. The DME is expecting certain load,speed conditions and the values are falling outside an expected range. Just think about the math involved to keep your car at a constant speed.
If I'm already in 5th, it doesnt even try. If I set the cruise in another gear and then shift to 5th, it either immediately errors out or tries for like a tenth of a second and then errors out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc81 View Post
I had the same issue after putting in 373s ... I had to change a setting (any) in the kombi readout through Carley and then change back . Basically just resetting the cluster.
Strange you mention this, I recently messed with my kombi by changing my MPG readout to Oil temp. Never used the cruise since. So maybe this isn't even related to the 330i tune....
Appreciate 0