View Single Post
      05-06-2019, 07:48 PM   #2150
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsavenko View Post
For the large DISA test, you can just take off your main air-inlet, and take off the DISA holding screws, I was able to back it out far enough to see if it was moving properly, without removing too much stuff. Good piece of mind.
So I dug into my car this afternoon to real quick test my large disa valve and I found that it isn't closing all the way. Since the small valve usually breaks before the large valve, I can pretty safely assume this is why I didn't feel the power improvement I expected out of the 330i tune. They're probably both broken. I was able to get the large disa screws out by just moving the power steering fluid reservoir.

This is of course unrelated to my cruise control issues, but I just wanted to update anyone who might read this thread later and doubt the 330i tune. Have no fear, mine just isn't working right, its a hardware issue.

I'm currently trying to muster up the will power to press "order" on two new disa valves to the tune of $600+. I'm telling myself that I've already put so much effort into this car that it's worth it to get all the power and enjoyment I can out of it. But it still makes my wallet cry.
Appreciate 0