View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #39
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Dave
1st accident takes 2 years out of you NCB and second one takes additional 1 year. That was told by Admiral recently.
I have been involved in an accident where foreigner truck ran into my car and as there was no witnesses, it settled 50/50 after 2.5 years.
I did not go through Admiral and used accident management company. I paid for full repair of my car from my pocket and recovered 50% of it when it settled. The benefit was that my NCB was not touched.
I am not sure if that was a mistake or benefit but it cost me 1k for saving 2 years NCB.
If you have not signed anything, skip Albany and go through a good company.
Mind you most of them will take ages since third party is not admitting liability and lack of police report / witnesses make it really difficult.
None of them would like this to take to the court. Also each company is entitled to have 3 months for their internal investigation.
These three months starts from the date of them receiving letter from your accident management company. So all these twist make things tough.