05-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #18
bilbarstow
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SG 6M ZPP ZSP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Josh49 - I think the V1 mount is very solid - if you place it correctly - it uses the 2 suction cups with a third contact point of a rubber strip across the front of the detector. It is adjustable in the mounting clip - so all you need to do is put the suction cups to the windshield and then slide the detector forward (it has a toothed catch to hold it in place) until the rubber contacts the windshield. Then you have three-point contact and it stays pretty solid. It is a little sensitive to getting the 2 suction cups level so that the front rubber strip sits flush across the windshield, but a couple of tries and I figured it out. The adjustment slide allows you to mount it so that the V1 is level front to back and that squaring it up with the windshield makes it solid and vibration free. I've taken some pretty healthy bumps without the detector vibrating. The V1 is awesome in its functionality - I'm glad I spent the money.

I didn't use the Torx screw mostly because I didn't see it until I looked at the pictures ! But in general, I don't like to loosen any factory connectors if I don't have to - I hate rattles. Thus the locktite on my own connection.

As far as the pics - just used a Canon ELF - at 2048 x 1536 - then edited the pics in Photoshop, cropping and scaling to smaller image sizes.