View Single Post
      05-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #20
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbarstow
Josh49 - I think the V1 mount is very solid - if you place it correctly - it uses the 2 suction cups with a third contact point of a rubber strip across the front of the detector. It is adjustable in the mounting clip - so all you need to do is put the suction cups to the windshield and then slide the detector forward (it has a toothed catch to hold it in place) until the rubber contacts the windshield. Then you have three-point contact and it stays pretty solid. It is a little sensitive to getting the 2 suction cups level so that the front rubber strip sits flush across the windshield, but a couple of tries and I figured it out. The adjustment slide allows you to mount it so that the V1 is level front to back and that squaring it up with the windshield makes it solid and vibration free. I've taken some pretty healthy bumps without the detector vibrating. The V1 is awesome in its functionality - I'm glad I spent the money.

I didn't use the Torx screw mostly because I didn't see it until I looked at the pictures ! But in general, I don't like to loosen any factory connectors if I don't have to - I hate rattles. Thus the locktite on my own connection.

As far as the pics - just used a Canon ELF - at 2048 x 1536 - then edited the pics in Photoshop, cropping and scaling to smaller image sizes.
Thanks for the response.. I have been reading over the V1 webpage more and more, I know I shouldn't pull the trigger, but I want to so bad. So we'll see what happens.. 3 points of contact sounds like a much more stable design, and I kind of want the arrows..

Did you drill/tap your new ground hole? If so I'm very impressed you got in there like that, I could barely fit my arm in..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0