View Single Post
      06-01-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

ECS tuning shipping BEWARE

I recently ordered a few items from ECS tuning to fix my car, total cost was roughly 600 $ . The transaction was smooth , customer service was great , the parts were the correct ones ( although I found out rock auto sells them too for cheaper) . I received the package 2 - 3 weeks ago via UPS , dropped at my front door.

Yesterday I went to pick up my mail and I find a letter from UPS requesting a 180$ duty payment for my package, I have heard of paying duties before but I never really had an issue with this in the past . I m going to call ups and try to get a discount or something , I ve read a few people online saying they will do it , others said dont pay it , they cant do anything , others are saying just pay it. Anyways , after doing reading ,it seems like I was better off sending my stuff via canada post rather than UPS or FEDEX .

I wish ECS had some type of disclaimer or something before the purchase was made , but it is what it is. Just wanted to inform you guys before you make a bi purchase and get stuck with another bill from the shipping company
Appreciate 0