View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #916
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

So just an FYI to those guys without rear PDC. I installed this in my parents 2010 335d (without PDC) today and everything went off without a hitch. Before I installed the camera itself I pulled the NAV unit and spliced in all the connections to make sure that the emulator and the camera worked. I did all the coding beforehand as well. I used the same coding as I did for my car with PDC. It's all outlined in the very first post. RVC value also stayed the same at 23 and worked fine. One thing I did do was solder all my connections and made sure to keep the CANBUS wires nice and twisted.. I really didn't find a need for that harness some people use.

Pro tip, red wire coming from the long cable that you snaked underneath the moulding to the rear and connected to the camera itself is NOT USED. Behind the passenger side bolster (Of a e90 sedan anyhow) there is a grounding block as well. Use this for your ground wire on that same cable. For the rubber accordion connection from the trunk lid to the car, use a coat hanger with a bit of soap. Disconnect the accordian hose at both ends and make sure it's straight when passing the camera cable through. You can also pinch the middle of the accordion hose which will create a little pocket at the top which makes pushing through your wire + connector even easier. This took me all of 2 mins.

Last edited by lnxguy; 12-28-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0