View Single Post
      03-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #310
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Garage List
Guy's I've also been through the misfire nightmare. And totally understand the frustration your dealing with. What resolved it after I went through new plugs, coils, and ebay injectors was pre-cat O2 sensors. If you have misfires on 2 cyls on the same bank and your car has close to 100-120K you should look at the precat O2 sensor on that bank. I'm no mechanic but it fixed it for me. I did not have any codes that lead me to believe it was an O2 sensor. Just the fact that I had multiple misfires on Bank 2. cyl4 cyl5 and cyl6 at different times and often 4 and 6 at the same time. Look at your old history and see if you have misfires related to the same bank.

Also please post what your fix is after you have nailed it down. Way to often people fix the issue but never report what actually fixed it. Misfire issue on our cars could be 20 different factors and a real pain to troubleshoot.

Just curious if you reset your adaptations after replacing your O2 sensors? I think this helped my car. Not sure this is necessary as your now running catless DP's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
Forgot to mention, had also replaced bank 2 pre-cat O2 sensor (cyl 4-6; it was accidently damaged during downpipe installation). Also want to emphasize, misfire only occurs when engine is cold, almost always on cyl 6. Once warmed up, WOT is fine. Sound like an injector, I know, but injector swap/replacement did not affect the problem.
Appreciate 1