View Single Post
      02-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #19
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Dumb question but running the HPFP dry isn't going to cause issues with it? I saw some thread where some people were weary about doing it because of that. Like by disconnecting the injector you still have fuel in it lubing stuff compared to it being dry? Saw people discussing this but yeah if no problem that is definitely simpelr.

Just wondering why official SIB wouldn't say to do something like this instead tho?
What "official SIB" are you referring to? The SIB posted here pertaining to oil and fuel repairs specifically states that it is for instances where rail pressure HAS NOT been bled first.

Quote:
This procedure is used when the high pressure fuel system pressure is not depleted
Brand new HPFP and Injectors come dry. What is lubing them? No, I can't see how you'd do any harm...

Do as you please but A) below is useful for a variety of reasons involving fuel repairs to bleed off pressure without dumping fuel all over your engine bay. B) is what I would do if all I was doing was trying to prime the oil pump. It's a lot of work to disconnect all the injectors and spark plugs. It takes 0 effort to reach down and disconnect the entire ignition harness from the DME.
Appreciate 0