methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOe335i View Post
didnt car and driver say that the DCT wont come to the US until 2010 and that the US wont get the internet based idrive.
(I'm reading the pdf and posting findings I find interesting as I can get through it).

On page 14, there is a listing for the transmission choices available for all trims in 09. Nowhere does it mention DCT. This is the only mention (as far as I can see. I skimmed through ten pages or more worth of information about the diesel engine and new iDrive.

Here's the passage in full:

Transmission choices: 6-speed manual or automatic, shift paddles optional.
All 3 Series transmission choices are 6-speeds. The manual gearbox, standard on all models, is
engineered to provide what buyers want when they choose it: precise control and a high level
of driving pleasure.
BMW also places a high priority on active driving pleasure with its automatic transmissions.
Recent refinements to the 3 Series’ automatics have improved their sportiness, precision and
efficiency: a torque converter that slips less, quicker shifting, finer adaptation to driving style
and conditions. All BMW automatics include a Sport mode that quickens shifting and holds
the lower gears longer; and a Manual mode that allows the driver to take charge of virtually
all shifting.
Steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles are added on all automatic 3 Series models with the
Sport Package, and include a Direct Selection feature: When the driver is motoring along in
Drive and makes a shift via paddle, the transmission goes into the Manual mode.
Appreciate 0