05-02-2022, 01:39 PM   #11
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
IMO Porsche are wildly overrated.
I am sure they are amazing vehicles on a racetrack with incredible handling.
how many owners actually take it there and use it on a racetrack? close to 0?
I live in Los Angeles where Porsche is such a status symbol. When I see a $150k+ Porsche and see who is driving it, it is almost always an 75+ year old man.
Especially with the inflated used (and new) car prices right now, even considering a Porsche is a complete joke to me.

I could afford one and I have zero interest.

It's taken some time for me to realize in this city of LA with so much traffic all the time, it is near impossible to enjoy a sports car in any capacity unless you are going for a "midnight drive" - in which case my complaint is how hard it is to see at night while driving, I'm getting old, and I'm only 38!
They are the best street sports car on the planet, there is a reason they've been on top of the game for so many years and widely regarded as the best without getting into exotic territory, and even then you could argue the 911 is more practical all around than any exotic. It's also incredible how they can take one car and make so many variations of it that drive so differently from each other, all while differentiating the lineup enough and continually improving upon near-perfection that the value of these cars never seems to dip after the initial hit. Every generation has its own feel, its own appeal to a certain set of buyers, etc. One of the best things about driving a 911 is that if you buy the right car you can basically drive it for free until you're ready for the next one. I've owned 4 including two 991.1 S, a 997.2 4S, and a 991.1 GT3 and overall I've made about $30k profit combined even after all repair and maintenance expenses.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 05-02-2022 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 5
Dino GT35134.50
Cos270608.50
Patton2502939.50
chris7197334.00
minn1914037.50