View Single Post
      02-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
EJ2000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 G37

I took the G37S over the 335i based on value.... and when my lease is up, I may have to go the same route again and get the Genesis Coupe over the G37 based on value... Even though standard pricing is weighted heavily in favor of the Genesis Coupe, once you bring lease rates into consideration it could very well be cheaper to get a G37 than a Genesis Coupe. This is not just a factor with leasung, as Hyundai's generally have extremely low resale when selling. Will that change with the Genesis sedan and coupe? Time will tell. If you need a new car every 1-3 years as I do, the pricing difference may be moot.

As for looks, ever since the first real Genesis Coupe pictures came out, I thought it was slightly derivative from the G37, but then juiced up boy-racer style. It has certainly grown on me since then, though. From these pictures, I think the Gen-coupe looks better.. but when comparing black to black, I still like the G37 better.

Hopefully over the next year we'll see what kind of development and numbers they can pull out of that 2.0T. If it's anything like the chips on the 335i, the 2.0T track is in the running for my next car purchase. It would be hard to give up the fit and finish, amenities, and high revving character though.
Appreciate 0