10-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #9
Bubba Ho-Tep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT14PimPin07 View Post
WoW! This sucks! But at the same time it's good.

I have been having so many second thoughts about getting the AFE Intake....

I wanted to get the AFE over Injen since AFE looked more like stock, and it seemed like the one that would get more cold air VS Injen.

But after reading this, I don't know which problems are better. Dealing with installation issues with AFE, or fitment issues with Injen. Cuz everyone seems to complain about the Injen hitting their hood.

This Sucks!

But thank you for your Review. At least now I know what I will be getting into....

Not a problem that's what this community is for. Again- this was my experience with the fitment, I may have had a wacky copy of the intake system, who knows. I know it DOES look different than in the pics on **********s website. It has a depression and hole in the upper intake pipe maybe 2" behind the cone filter end. That's where you have to bolt it down. Most of the photos on line of the system don't have this hole. It may be necessary and an update to the system somehow but not only did it force the location of the upper pipe to a very strict area- it creates an obstruction in the piping in general (considering the plastic where the bolt threads through goes right through it from the top of the intake pipe to the bottom.
Appreciate 0