01-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #33
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Dude, i hate to say this but your arms aren't too short, you're just sitting way too far away from the steering wheel. Be careful brother, you don't want your elbows to be locked mid-corner with the tires squealing. You are giving up an incredible amount of control. Yikes.

I hope you don't feel i'm criticizing you, I'm genuinely concerned. Been in a nasty crash myself
+1 I was just about to write the same thing.

Move that seat forward!! When you sit with your shoulder rested against the seat and extent your arms, your handwrist should rest on top of the steering wheel. Again, not criticizing, just trying to help.

And you should keep steering wheel inputs to the minimum, keep the car in balance and not upset with harsh movements. It's all about smoothness when driving fast.

Keep it safe
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0