Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Ive had one for a couple months now. I like the grunt of the intake now. I also have taken it out a couple times to check things. In the little corners of the intake box theres pockets of sand. I end up vacuuming that out so its clean. But obviously this does its job of not letting those particals through. Its a much thicker filter than the K&N as well, and its not oiled.

Ive been replacing OEM filters on all my cars for over 15 yrs, its just habitual now. Never had a problem with any of them.
That's good to hear, and I'm glad you checked because I think a bunch of people just throw in a filter thinking that it's going to just do the trick.

The non oiled part is what worries me the most. I know that paper filters aren't oiled but the oiled ideoligy just makes more sense to be able to trap more dirt. I'm not saying that K&N is the best; I'm just saying that I would trust an oiled filter more than a non oiled aftermarket filter.

I posted ithe link n another thread about the helene performance coming out with a filter specificaly for our engines. Check them out:

http://www.heleneperformance.com/products.htm

It might look like a K&N but the filtration is much better.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0